Aleksandr SinayevAffiliated with the Quantitative Psychology Program
Degree(s): Binghamton University: B.A., Mathematics, B.A., Psychology
Ohio State University: M.A., Psychology
Office/Lab: CAIDe Lab
Faculty Advisor: Ellen Peters, Michael DeKay
- Increasing comprehension and improving evaluation of risks
- Using cognitive models to understand behavior, especially risky choices
- Leveraging large datasets and machine learning to advance psychological science
- Sinayev, A., & Peters, E. (2015). Cognitive reflection versus calculation in decision making. Frontiers in Psychology.
- Sinayev, A., Peters, E., Tusler, M., & Fraenkel, L. (2015). Presenting numeric information with percentages and descriptive risk labels: A randomized trial. Medical Decision Making.
National Conference Presentations
- Sinayev, A. (2015) Objectivity of the New York Times. Presentation at the Computational Social Science Summit, Evanston, IL.
- Sinayev, A. & Peters, E. (2014) The CRT: Roles of Intuition and Calculation. Poster presented at the annual conference of the Society for Judgment and Decision Making, Long Beach, CA.
- Sinayev, A. & Peters, E. (2013) Reference-class presence diminishes probability sensitivity. Poster presented at the annual conference of the Society for Judgment and Decision Making, Toronto, Canada.
- Sinayev, A. & Peters, E. (2012) Numeric conversions explain why numeracy ameliorates the framing effect. Presentation at the annual conference of the Society for Judgment and Decision Making, Minneapolis, MN
- Winner of Computational Social Science Datathon (2015)
- Behavioral Decision Making Research Grant (2014)
- Winner of Ohio State University Graduate Student Research Forum (2013)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Summer Fellow (2012)
- University Graduate Fellow at The Ohio State University (2011)
Behavioral Brain Imaging Current Faculty Searches Diversity Faculty Awards and Honors Faculty Editorships History Psychological Services Center Public Computing Video
214 Lazenby Hall
1827 Neil Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210
Phone: (614) 292-4131
Fax: (614) 688-3984